Our Island, Paros
Our island of great beaches, lively towns and ancient sites has too many charms to list or even summarize. Experienced island hoppers often list Paros as their favourite. Browse through our web site to find what attracts you.
Look through our list of major beaches to pick your favourite.
Read about nude and topless beaches in Greece HERE
We have photos scattered around our web site as well as in our Gallery.
Windsurfing & Kite Boarding
Pounda Beach (Antiparos) is known as the kite boarding capital of Greece. Windsurfing facilities are also available there as well as the east side of the island.. If you are not the athletic type, it is exciting and beautiful to watch from one of the bathing beaches or the terrace of one of our nearby villas. The two sites below have great photos and further information.
Paros Kiteboarding Center -- Local boy George Georgoudakis and his crew know how to make the learning process fun and exciting as will as instill confidence. IKO affiliated.
Paros Kite Pro Center -- Also IKO affiliated instruction plus a full range of other water sports.
Some other sources are:
Windsurfing.gr - A through site, mostly in Greek, but plenty in English, including an international forum.
Kitesurfing.gr/ - An aficionado's site with good pictures.
Bitofsalt.gr - THE full service board shop on the island.
Full service windsurfing, other water sports and fun on the beach: Force7 Windsurfing Center
Parosurf.gr - Operating at the New Golden Beach and the Santa Maria beach.
Other Water Sports
You name it; Paros has it. We have our favourite spots for snorkeling; with a little exploring you can find your own as well. For the child in you there are water slides, banana boats, water skiing, peddle boats, et cetera.
Scuba Diving is big here. Our friends have used Eurodivers and were quite satisfied.
- Eurodivers.gr - Welcome to Eurodivers Club on Paros. Scuba diving in the Aegean sea and PADI certified instruction. Snorkeling excursions on a Greek caique as well.
- Aegeandiving.gr - Centre for marine-environmental education on Paros.
- Octopuseatrips.com - Scuba holidays with field programmes for everybody interested in the Aegean Sea, its history, culture and marine environment. With events, application form, pictures and links.
Some Other Paros Activities
- Ekatontapyliani of Paros, Church of a Hundred Doors - Learn about and view photos of one of the oldest maintained Christian temples. Founded by Emperor Constantinos in the 4th century and featuring a unique cross-shaped marble Baptisimal Font. Online sales of books. Read more about Orthodox Easter on Paros and Christmas in Athens and on Paros.
- Kokou Riding Center - Find out about tours for beginners and experts all year around and meet the 23 horses available.
- Yoga - Plan your own program or join a group. Expert teaching on our island.
- Taos-greece.com - "For us, Tao's is about the art of life management in our age.
A place, where simple Tao meets the sword of Zen in a Zorba way, under the
teaching of Nissim Amon."
- Greek Cooking - As in most restaurants cooks come and go each year so in Greek cooking classes on Paros. Email us with your interests and possible dates and we will respond with what is available each year.
- Paros Dance Academy - The largest floating parquet dance floor on a beach in Europe. Read more here
Wine - While Greek wines tend to be noted more for their low price than their high quality modern winemakers are producing better vintages all the time. Paros has two major wineries; the Farmer's Union and Moraitis family. Both conduct tours and tastings upon arrangement. You can taste the wines and other Paros products in a shop on the main town square. Read More about island wines.
Walking - Paros is a great island for walkers--that includes Antiparos. There are a few off-road foot paths and a great many unpaved back roads.
This photo is of our favourite: out our door, through Aliki and along the coast to the North. We usually go about 15 minutes out to a nice beach that has a lot of shells and other flotsam and jetsam. The more intrepid can walk all the way to the Pounda ferry port, I'm guessing about 6 km.
Many people like the history-laden Byzantine Trail between Lefkas and Podromos--mostly down hill. If you are more into beaches and tavernas you can walk along the coastline between Piso Livadi and Drios and have your choice of swim and drink breaks.
Foxy, a walking hobbyist from the UK, has recently added several pages about walking on Paros to their web site. It includes several walks and plentiful photos.
Other friends from the UK who belong to a walking club there and live part of the year here are setting up guided walks. So if you either want to bring a group or come on your own and be on your own e-mail us for helpful information.
We could continue on and on about everything there is to do and see on Paros, but this page is getting too long. Please continue to More Paros!